Firmware Upload steps for MKS v1.5 printer controller board.
- Downloaded the latest firmware from: Marlin XenoCube Firmware
- Downloaded latest version of Arduino: Arduino Download
- The controller board is plugged in to power.
- There is a USB connection from the board to a computer.
Uploading Firmware to the Printer Control board.
- After installing Arduino, open the XenoCubeMarlin.ino, This should open Arduino and load all of the other files in the directory.
- Double check that Arduino is connected to the printer. Then select Board and port under Tools > Board = Mega 2560, Port: (This needs to be the com port that the USB cable is plugged into).
- There should not be any need to make any changes to the files.
- The firmware needs to be verified and complied before upload, run Sketch > Verify/Compile.
- Pending no errors from running Verify/Compile, go ahead and run Sketch > Upload. This will re compile the code and upload it to the board. (During the upload the blue com light on the board will flash repeatedly until upload is done.
- Did not all the files load into Arduino? – Make sure that you either open the .INO file or navigate to File > Open > XenoCubeMarlin.ino. Do so will make sure all needed files are loaded.
- No Com port listed under Tools > Port? Make sure that you have installed the USB driver. Please see KB article. Installing printer driver to upload firmware.
- Making changes to any of the files could result in Arduino failing to compile the firmware, or adverse side effects during printing. However, if there are any normal changes that need to be made, look in the Configuration.h file.
- No flashing lights on the printer board? Make sure that the compiling did not error out and/or communication to printer has not failed.